- Leave the world better than you found it.
- Don’t fuck around with a writer.
- Don’t listen to the words men say, listen to their actions.
- It’s completely normal if you like women, in fact, I’d encourage it.
- Don’t say ‘I love you’ unless you mean it.
- I love you.
- God exists, look for him outside of religious texts.
- When you can, choose to love even when it’s the hardest thing to choose.
- Study: Sophia Amoruso, Virginia Woolf, Coco Chanel and Josephine Baker.
- Wear your confidence like Coco wore Chanel.
- Find happiness in a room by yourself before you attempt to find happiness in a room with someone else.
- You’re a woman, you’re playing with one arm tied behind your back, paint your lips and fuck shit up.
- Before you get intimate with someone, imagine what it’d be like to have a kid with them (if you cringe don’t get intimate).
- Don’t marry someone conservative, their discipline might be enticing initially but you’ll find yourself loathing the close-mindedness.
- Ask your grandfather about your great-grandmother.
By Cole Schafer.
P.S. One day these one-minute writings will be a big book called “One Minute, Please.” Can I let you know when that day comes? You can say yes, here.