- Don’t work any job that makes you unhappy for too long — sometimes you have to work a shit job for a little while to get the job you really want — just remember that five years isn’t a little while.
- Don’t spend time with people that don’t make you happy.
- Spend less time with your face in a phone screen regardless of whether or not it makes you happy in the moment — it won’t make you happy in the moments to come.
- Be present, especially when in the company of people you care about (#3 can help here).
- Do work you would die for (or at the very least pay to do).
- Have a purpose for living — find the change you’re wanting to see in the world and make it happen before you’re dead.
By Cole Schafer.