- Share experiences over things.
- Give ample room to be human — let your person grow, let them make mistakes, let them live.
- Love unconditionally — loving under the condition your person doesn’t fuck up isn’t truly loving.
- Be tenacious, be willing to fight for what you have — you’ll eventually have to.
- Be extraordinarily present in the time you spend together.
- Be physical outside of the bedroom — only touching one another when you’re making love isn’t making love, it’s fucking — and there is a time and a place for fucking but there’s also a time and place for kissing and hugging and snuggling and holding.
- In a world where everyone wants to see everyone fail, always (always) choose to be your person’s biggest supporter.
- Always have the honest tough conversation — not having it will result in resentment and you cannot love with resentment.
- Say I love you often and do things that say I love you without saying I love you.
10. Go down on one another.
By Cole Schafer.
P.S. One day these one minute writings will be a big book called “One Minute, Please.” Can I let you know when that day comes? You can say yes, here.